weekends during the spring and summer and on special occasions (fairs, festivals, cultural events)
Telephone: +39 0546 642142
FAX: +39 0546 642142
The current construction dates back to 1476, the year of the reconstruction of the small fortress carried out by the Manfredi’s, the noble family of Faenza. Tradition has that it was Giuliano from Maiano, the Manfredi’s trusted architect (sent to Faenza by the Medici in the spheres of a complex diplomatic and cultural relationship between the two families) and who were in Faenza during those years; Da Maiano’s name has, though, always been mentioned without any real proof and only as a result of indirect suppositions and for sentimental and historical reasons. Inside we find five floors; the first two are basements while the remaining three are joined up by a wonderful winding staircase made in sandstone, and which is still perfectly preserved.
Source: local Staff Terre di Faenza