Places

Villa della Mensa

Copparo - Via Torre

Villa della Mensa

ENTRANCE

Free

HOURS

Always open

Contacts

Telephone: +39 0532 864633
MOBILE: +39 0532 864633
INFOLINE: +39 347 4192462
www.ferraraterraeacqua.it

 

Public Delizia Estense

This is a monumental complex of great importance, where the bishops of Ferrara stayed until the period of the Napoleonic suppression (1797). The great villa was built on the orders of Bartholomew della Rovere, nephew of the Pope Sixtus IV and brother of the Pope Jiulius II between 1474 and 1495. The Villa has a polygonal groundplan and a cloistered court. The front of the building, facing west, continues in two walls with battlements that extend to the service courtyards at the sides of the villa.

 

Source: local Staff of Ferrara

Tags

Focus On