It depends on the current exhibitions
Access is allowed only during the opening of exhibitions according to the timetables.
Telephone: +39 0521 218929
INFOLINE: +39 0521 031798
Located on the northern side of Piazza Garibaldi, the palace used to be the seat of the Capitano del Popolo and combines two buildings dating to 13th century.
After undergoing several transformations, it was redesigned in 1760 by Ennemond Alexandre Petitot, a French architect working at the court of Philip of Bourbon. The baroque tower built in 1763 preserves in the belfry the original bell of the civic tower, collapsed in 1606, while a crowned Virgo situated in the bell tower niche was made by the French sculptor J. B. Boudard. Worth of notice, two sundials on the facade dating back to 1829.
The Governor's palace, after many years of restoration works, has opened again in January 16 2010 with the Nove100 exhibition. The palace is an important venue of modern and comtemporary art, where besides the calendar of temporary exhibitions, there will be notable events such as workshops and meetings.
Source: local Staff Parma