Telephone: +39 0522 458811
INFOLINE: 800 554 222
Built between 1740 and 1741 on a design by Antonio Cugini and destroyed in 1851 by a fire, it was originally called the "Teatro di Cittadella" (the Cittadella Theatre) since it stood near the ancient defensive bulwark required by the Gonzaga family (at the end of 1339) during their rule of Reggio Emilia. It was rebuilt in 1878 respecting the original project and dedicated to Ludovico Ariosto, the great poet born in Reggio Emilia in 1474. It hosts mainly theatre performances.
Source: local Staff Reggio Emilia